What You Might Find Here

I've always thought of myself as a writer. Mostly because I get such satisfaction from it, and because that is the medium through which my thoughts seem to make the most sense. I don't always make sense when I'm just talking. But writing; I feel at home when I'm writing. Here I'll share thoughts, opinions, poems, short stories, and random sketches of "The Wanderers". "The Wanderers" is an ongoing story that I have no intention of finishing, but dearly love adding to. I haven't started this blog, because I think my life is especially fabulous. I'm a stay at home mom, occasionally a college student, a homeschooler and a terrible speller. I love my kids, Jesus, coffee, my husband and ice cream (not in that order). I hate animals, materialism, insincerity, and all things "trendy" (if it's popular I probably won't like it. The exception to this would be all things "Twilight". Twilight IS popular and I DO like it). So that's me, the standard edition, no frills attached.



Sunday, February 15, 2009

Delusions and Daydreams

These delusions grow intoxicating
The daydreams: all encompassing
The sensibilities so strong
I wonder is it in truth a memory?

Have I lived this life of dreams?
Have I sat in sunlight
Through those windows
Sipping coffee and smiling of a morning
Reflecting and reveling in the time we've had
Planning and protracting all the time yet to come?

But the phantoms, lovely and cruel, fly from me
Murdering me slowly, saving me daily
These sadistic angels
Growing ever more beautiful
To my painful and longing eyes

I will despise you
I will delight in you
I will flee from you
I will seek you yet again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As usual, you have such a way with words. I love you very much.