What You Might Find Here

I've always thought of myself as a writer. Mostly because I get such satisfaction from it, and because that is the medium through which my thoughts seem to make the most sense. I don't always make sense when I'm just talking. But writing; I feel at home when I'm writing. Here I'll share thoughts, opinions, poems, short stories, and random sketches of "The Wanderers". "The Wanderers" is an ongoing story that I have no intention of finishing, but dearly love adding to. I haven't started this blog, because I think my life is especially fabulous. I'm a stay at home mom, occasionally a college student, a homeschooler and a terrible speller. I love my kids, Jesus, coffee, my husband and ice cream (not in that order). I hate animals, materialism, insincerity, and all things "trendy" (if it's popular I probably won't like it. The exception to this would be all things "Twilight". Twilight IS popular and I DO like it). So that's me, the standard edition, no frills attached.



Friday, February 27, 2009

First Timers

Maybe we just aren’t old enough yet
To get this right
Maybe that nagging feeling
That everyone else has the secret
Is just time
Maybe they have a few lives on us

Babies, bumbling and stumbling through this
Reaching out and grabbing air
Never quite getting hold of what we longed for

Maybe it’ll get easier as we go
Maybe we’ll actually hit it
Or somewhere close

No doubt we’ll try again
No matter what forms we take
We’ll always make an attempt

Encouraging in a hopeless sort of way

Maybe we’ll be braver next time
In the back of whatever mind we inhabit
We’ll whisper
The paths slowly steadily
Finding the right place to cross

Maybe on a Fourth of July
Fireworks supplied

And they two will always reflect
“How lucky I was to find you”

And you’ll smile that knowing smile at me
And we’ll have a good laugh for a while

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first rule of life is

"Don't Worry Be Happy"

I do like the poem though.

Anonymous said...

Were you thinking of someone I know?!?

Unknown said...

hey sis I love it keep it up