What You Might Find Here

I've always thought of myself as a writer. Mostly because I get such satisfaction from it, and because that is the medium through which my thoughts seem to make the most sense. I don't always make sense when I'm just talking. But writing; I feel at home when I'm writing. Here I'll share thoughts, opinions, poems, short stories, and random sketches of "The Wanderers". "The Wanderers" is an ongoing story that I have no intention of finishing, but dearly love adding to. I haven't started this blog, because I think my life is especially fabulous. I'm a stay at home mom, occasionally a college student, a homeschooler and a terrible speller. I love my kids, Jesus, coffee, my husband and ice cream (not in that order). I hate animals, materialism, insincerity, and all things "trendy" (if it's popular I probably won't like it. The exception to this would be all things "Twilight". Twilight IS popular and I DO like it). So that's me, the standard edition, no frills attached.



Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grey

Grey

It is still early enough to maintain hope
A few more parties, a few more laughs
But even so, it is grey
A bone chilling, soul clouding grey
Foreboding and foretelling of February
The greyest time of all

Empty and stretching on and on
So much cast in the middle
That you can no longer remember
The excitement of summer
Nor the nostalgia of autumn

Waiting, sniffling, wondering
What else was there ever
Besides this?

No comments: