What You Might Find Here

I've always thought of myself as a writer. Mostly because I get such satisfaction from it, and because that is the medium through which my thoughts seem to make the most sense. I don't always make sense when I'm just talking. But writing; I feel at home when I'm writing. Here I'll share thoughts, opinions, poems, short stories, and random sketches of "The Wanderers". "The Wanderers" is an ongoing story that I have no intention of finishing, but dearly love adding to. I haven't started this blog, because I think my life is especially fabulous. I'm a stay at home mom, occasionally a college student, a homeschooler and a terrible speller. I love my kids, Jesus, coffee, my husband and ice cream (not in that order). I hate animals, materialism, insincerity, and all things "trendy" (if it's popular I probably won't like it. The exception to this would be all things "Twilight". Twilight IS popular and I DO like it). So that's me, the standard edition, no frills attached.



Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Places

In the sunshine fair and kind
We walk in wider spaces
No secrets and no gaps to jump
No holes to fill with wishing

All the poets said it best
And some have dared to sing
Somehow understanding us
Though we scarcely know ourselves

There are words ripe and full
That push against my lips
But my mind warns, "Steady now."
For there are rules for this

Moderation and control
Temprance and submission
Self inflicted fetters
That will now and then free us

But there is a place between
A spot outside two realities
Where the sunshine, fair kind
Will grant to us a moment

And after that, I hold it close
A jewel in my mind
More than a memory
A gem of time

A shinning perfect thing
Whole and flawless
Of which nothing else can boast
Entirely, completely ours

No comments: