What You Might Find Here

I've always thought of myself as a writer. Mostly because I get such satisfaction from it, and because that is the medium through which my thoughts seem to make the most sense. I don't always make sense when I'm just talking. But writing; I feel at home when I'm writing. Here I'll share thoughts, opinions, poems, short stories, and random sketches of "The Wanderers". "The Wanderers" is an ongoing story that I have no intention of finishing, but dearly love adding to. I haven't started this blog, because I think my life is especially fabulous. I'm a stay at home mom, occasionally a college student, a homeschooler and a terrible speller. I love my kids, Jesus, coffee, my husband and ice cream (not in that order). I hate animals, materialism, insincerity, and all things "trendy" (if it's popular I probably won't like it. The exception to this would be all things "Twilight". Twilight IS popular and I DO like it). So that's me, the standard edition, no frills attached.



Thursday, February 05, 2009

I Hate Winter Because:

I get dandruff
I get eczema
I get fat
I get pale
My kids stay bored
I stay bored
We watch too much tv
There are no leaves (I love leaves)
We don't even get the benefit of snow here, just endless brown-ness
I have to find everyone a coat and hat when we leave the house
(this adds thirty minutes to any departure time)
I have to wear shoes (and so do the kids)
My Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) causes me to think I am a worthless pile of wintertime garbage from Jan until oh, about late April
Tomatoes taste like cardboard
Cantaloupe tastes like spit
Everyone is sick
Night comes too fast

There are only two good things about winter:
Income Tax Refunds and clementines

No comments: