What You Might Find Here

I've always thought of myself as a writer. Mostly because I get such satisfaction from it, and because that is the medium through which my thoughts seem to make the most sense. I don't always make sense when I'm just talking. But writing; I feel at home when I'm writing. Here I'll share thoughts, opinions, poems, short stories, and random sketches of "The Wanderers". "The Wanderers" is an ongoing story that I have no intention of finishing, but dearly love adding to. I haven't started this blog, because I think my life is especially fabulous. I'm a stay at home mom, occasionally a college student, a homeschooler and a terrible speller. I love my kids, Jesus, coffee, my husband and ice cream (not in that order). I hate animals, materialism, insincerity, and all things "trendy" (if it's popular I probably won't like it. The exception to this would be all things "Twilight". Twilight IS popular and I DO like it). So that's me, the standard edition, no frills attached.



Friday, December 12, 2008

Restraint



The insinuation is thick
The implication is obvious
The inference is always perfectly understood

"I... well, you know."

But some long to hear the words
Physical, breathing speech
Wrapped up in the heat of the other
Words that come some easily

There lies the precipice
There lies the edge

Cold, hard dividing line
Maintained with uncommon strength

The forbidden things prove not so dangerous
As the small innocent words
Which must be placed so carefully
Back in their cages

No comments: