What You Might Find Here

I've always thought of myself as a writer. Mostly because I get such satisfaction from it, and because that is the medium through which my thoughts seem to make the most sense. I don't always make sense when I'm just talking. But writing; I feel at home when I'm writing. Here I'll share thoughts, opinions, poems, short stories, and random sketches of "The Wanderers". "The Wanderers" is an ongoing story that I have no intention of finishing, but dearly love adding to. I haven't started this blog, because I think my life is especially fabulous. I'm a stay at home mom, occasionally a college student, a homeschooler and a terrible speller. I love my kids, Jesus, coffee, my husband and ice cream (not in that order). I hate animals, materialism, insincerity, and all things "trendy" (if it's popular I probably won't like it. The exception to this would be all things "Twilight". Twilight IS popular and I DO like it). So that's me, the standard edition, no frills attached.



Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving reflections

Brothers in Sorrow



Bitter gales rip through their resolve
Hope sinks and rises with the waves
They two making journeys
Against hope and of hope

Expectations shattered by reality
But all along reminding themselves
“This is better than the other”
All things hard and cold
Are better than captivity
Hunger, pain, loneliness
All is better than bondage

So without an ounce of hope
We rise and work, and eat and sleep
And cling to a desperate kind of contentment
One that brings no joy

Except from the knowledge
That we alone have hewn it out of these stones
That our blood ran along this ground
That our loves rest in darkest graves

And yet we still survive
Surviving just to prove we will
To prove that the ideal is worthwhile
That freedom is more than any illusion

Never even hoping to reap our own harvest
Foreseeing the tillage and the tears
If only that the children shall be free
Of the tyrants and the slave mongers

But sometime in the spring
A wanderer comes back home
To a place once filled with death
To find uncommon companions

Souls seeking freedom as himself
And the brown and the pale prove irrelevant
To these brothers in sorrow
The pain blazing trails of trust


Stomachs fill and hearts break
Beneath the weight
Of unimaginable gratitude
A short while of true human connection

No comments: